Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Passing of my sweet Sister Myrna

May 10th was my sisters b-day. She was 76 years old. She was nonresponsive almost all day, and then at about 5:00 she was very alert. Her family was there and they sang Happy Birthday to her and visited a bit with her. She then slipped back into a drowsy state and at 3:30 a.m. on the 11th she passed away very peacefully. We will all miss her so much! I am so grateful that she didn't suffer in her final hours and that she didn't die on her birthday. I feel like I have lost my second Mother and I think it is going to be very hard in the next few months. I always called her for advice on canning, gardening, and other things. She was always there for me.

1 comment:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this Jana! Im so glad you go to spend some of her last moments with her. We will be praying for you and your family.