Monday, December 8, 2008

ALL LIT UP

If you pass the Poulsen house at night, you better be wearing sunglasses. John worked outside all day on Saturday and we are lit up like the North Pole. He did such an awesome job and I love all the lights. The inside is really lit up also. We had fun doing all of it and can't wait to have all the kids and grandkids home for the holidays. We will get to spend a lot of time together and I know it will be great. We will be wall to wall but who cares? We will be making some fun memories. Yesterday some of the kids came over to watch the Christmas devotional from Salt Lake and that was fun. I made a fruit tray and some cookies and we just spent an hour or so enjoying. Christopher and Courtney stayed until quite late and we played golf and visited. Afterwards, John typed up the Christmas letter and David and I sat by the Christmas tree and talked and talked. It was so neat! I have an amazing family and I love them all so much. Finally at about1:10 a.m. I told David it was bedtime and that I hadn't stayed up that late since I was 19. Ha Ha!! Needless to say, I am a bit tired today. But, wasn't it fun to wake up to snow on the ground. We might have a white Christmas.

6 comments:

robcallfamily said...

I am excited to see it at night time all lit up! I bet it looks fabulous! Thanks for everything! You are amazing parents!

Angie Robison said...

Sounds like a great night. Don't you just love it when the kids get in a talking mood and you can just sit and enjoy being with them.

The Rigby Bunch said...

I was wondering what that glow is down your direction!! Haha! I love your lights and so do the kids. It sounds like you had a fun night. I enjoy those kind of nights with my family too.

Brett and Tiffany said...

It was fun! Thanks for the treats and the lights! Christmas will be fun...it always is!

Patty said...

Aren't the holidays the best? No better time to have family together. We got your Christmas card yesterday- thanks for thinking of us! That was really sweet.

weloveadoption said...

Glad to know you got the house all lit up for us so we know our way home. HA HA! Can't wait to be home for the holidays! Counting down the days to come.