Monday, January 18, 2010

More Funerals

I know this isn't the most wonderful post, but the only thing going on right now.Yesterday, Sunday we had 2 people in our community die within 8 hours of each other. Marie Orgill, my next door neighbor growing up, died at the hospital early in the morning and then Jim Dunn, who just lives around the block, died on his way to the hospital from an apparent heart attack. They are both older people but is still sad. Since I have been in the Relief Society Presidency, about 2 1/2 years, we have had 14 funerals. It has been unreal. So, tonight after work I get to meet with the other ladies and plan 2 luncheons for this week. I hope we don't have anymore for a long time.

2 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

I am sad Marie passed away! I loved that lady! She was in a lot of pain though! I am sure she is happy to see Dolly and the rest of her loved ones that have passed on! The Relief Society always does a nice job with the luncheons! What would we all do without the gospel!

The Rigby Bunch said...

It is so sad....I always feel so sad for the ones they leave behind! Thank goodness for the kind words and helping hands of so many great people in this ward and community!