Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fall is in the air!

Monday night I decided to have all the kids over for a picnic outside. Christopher, Courtney and Max had come back to Idaho and we all needed to see all the new babies. Well, we picnicked, but it was dang cold. The coldest day of the summer. Some of the girls put on jackets or had blankets around them. I couldn't believe it. There was even a frost warning for that night. Luckily it didn't freeze. I'm so glad because I had just started getting a few things off of my garden. I had only did 1 picking of beans and had 1 cucmber, and 3 tomatoes. Now, it is nicer, but you can tell that Fall is in the air. I hope we have a nice long beautiful Fall and not so much winter this year. All the kids are back in school and loving it. I have already been to Bridger's football game and am going to Conner's tonight so that is a definate sign of Fall. Some of the leaves are actually starting to turn yellow and the farmer's are all harvesting grain. The gardens are on in full force now and the canning season has begun. So, enjoy the Fall and don't work too hard. Take some time to play!

3 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

School is in and the kids are loving it! thanks for the cookout! It was fun...even though it was cold!

robcallfamily said...

fall is in the air...where did summer go? thanks for the cookout...great times! I am hoping we will still have a few more weeks of warm weather.

voleen.blogspot.com said...

Yes where did what summer go.Nice picture of the coming harvest.Have a fun party for me.