Monday, November 10, 2008

Being Grateful

Today is a very dreary day outside and my mood is a little bit like the day. I have been a bit weepy lately and I need the sun to shine. I get feeling down and then I realize how blessed I am. I have a wonderful family of my own that are so good to John and I. I have the sweetest grandkids, they are all healthy and happy. They have parents that are so good to them and they are great kids. I have a super husband that works extra hard, probably a lot harder than most. He is very good to me and treats me with such respect. I truly love him. I have wonderful brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles that I really think the world of. I come from the best parents in the world, and I miss them a lot. I am so thankful to live in this land of America and to have the freedoms we have. I'm thankful to have the gospel in my life and the blessings of the temple. It's neat to know that all your children can be there with you if we all do what's right. I'm thankful for my home and the comfort and peace we can find there. For the warmth, food and security of having such things.
Maybe its because its starting to be the holiday season-we all get a little more melancholy and more loving. Anyway, for those of you that read this blog, please take a few minutes and remember how grateful you are for the blessings that you have. Be grateful and let someone know how much you love them. Have a great week.

7 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

It is always nice to read what people are thankful for...yes, we are all very blessed! I hope your day is going happier! Let me know if there is something I can do to brighten it up! You are a great mom! Don't ever forget it!!!!! And a super grandma...thanks for helping with the kids yesterday after church!

Angie Robison said...

It always makes me stop and think about what I am thankful for when I read or hear someone else's blessings. Thank you, I needed that today. I have been feeling so overwhelmed lately. I need to slow down and just be thankful for what is. Your great. Thanks!!!!!

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Thanks for the sweet post Jana... it's always nice to be reminded of all that we are so blessed with. You are such a great woman and I really admire you. Thanks!

Faith To Act said...

Momma mia- Thanks for your testimony and post. I like to read everyone's updates so keep em' coming. We are all very blessed to have all that we have. Thanks for being such a great mom and friend to everyone! Kuv hlub Koj! I love you and am grateful for you.

voleen.blogspot.com said...

What a great little sister you are.I to am gratful for being born of goodly parents and being taught in the gospel.Most of all knowing that I come from a good family and that we love one another.What examples you have shown to us in raising your family.

weloveadoption said...

You are a great mom! I hope you are having a better day. I also am very thankful for all that we have been blessed with and especially for our families and for all the support that we give one another. Can't wait to see you again! If you need a mental health day remember you can always come see me!

Hadley Family said...

WOW! Was that what I needed to hear today! We do need to remember how blessed we are. I am very thankful for such a wonderful family that I have, and how close we all are. Being away is hard, but it is nice to know that I am only a click away from home! Thanks to all of you that are such a great example and strength in my life!