Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Needing To Get Out Of The House.

I had Monday and Tuesday off from work this week. On Monday, I got up and left my pajamas on all day. I did laundry , dishes, and worked in my scrapbbok room almost all day. I have turned a bedroom into my own little domain for scrapping and it is a mess. I am making progress but it still needs a lot of work. I get very overwhelmed when I try to organize it. Hopefully I will be organized soon so that I can get back to scrapping. I have a few years to do. About 4:00 I couldn't stand it anymore, so, still in my pajamas and my church shoes, I decided to go for a ride. I was heading to Rexburg to get a drink when I passed John. So, he called me and asked me to ride to Driggs with him. I went back home and still dressed the same way, we went to Driggs. It was beautiful, the sun was starting to go down, and the Tetons were absolutely gorgeous. We dropped off the toilet, got a subway and headed home. It felt great to get out.
Well, Tuesday comes and I think I am going to just stay home and work in that room all day. Just think how much I could get done! I decided to make some Texas Caviar and make a salad first. By then, I am thinking I can't stay in again. It is a beautiful day and John is going to West Yellowstone. Just think how pretty it would be up there. Well, he walks in because he forgot something. So, need less to say, I talked myself right into going with him. I didn't finish the salad. I just put the ingredients in the fridge and I still haven't finished it. I will tonight. We went for the whole day and it was so beautiful, clear and just breathtaking. There is about 3-4 feet of snow everywhere and we just had a nice day. I got out a few times and just breathed in the fresh air. We seen 4 moose on the way home. It was just a very nice day. You all should do something like that one day. Just leave everything and go do something with your husband. By the way, I was dressed today!!!
Take some time to smell the roses as they say. Your work will still be there when you get back, but, so what!

8 comments:

Angie Robison said...

Great advice!!!! I need to do better at that. Glad you had a great couple of days off.

weloveadoption said...

Why did you have church shoes on? I didn't quit get that part. Aren't your church shoes uncomfortable? Anyway, I am just glad that you got out and did something fun. It sounds like you and dad had a great two days. I can't wait to see what your scrapbook room looks like next time I am up.

voleen.blogspot.com said...

I wonder about the Church shoes too. Was it that you wanted to get through the pearly gates if something happen. Lyla Hillman always said she never left the house without clean cloths on for that reason.
Say if your organizing your scrapping room I got one you can come and do. Still haven't done any scrapbooking though. What a fun day you two.

Patty said...

What an inspiring thought. Our families should take priority over all else. Especially those cute hubbies!!

Angie Robison said...

Hey Jana, Mel whatever is Melanee. I don't think she has a blog just a google account so she can comment. She is a blog stalker. She knows all about everyone's families, so watch out. just kidding, kind of.

Destry and Liz said...

Its always good to spend at least one day in your PJ's....but I have a question...were you wearing heals with the PJ's? ;)

Sarah said...

HI JANA!! I must admit I don't keep up on my blog too well, but I try! The cheerleading definately keeps me busy, and I want so bad to get its reputation back up to where it was 6 years ago... WHAT HAPPENED AFTER YOU LEFT!?!? :) You did such a great job with us! Anyway, I'm glad you found me... and if you have any advice on dealing with 15 high school girls, I'm listening!! :)
P.S. I'm doing a blog for the cheerleaders if you want to check it out... www.sfcheer.blogspot.com

Jensen Memories said...

Hey Jana it's Lacee- Cool to find your blog and see what is going on with your family. Good to see every one is doing great. Come and check out our blog.