Monday, June 8, 2009

GIRLS WEEK-END

This past Friday and Saturday me, and my daughters and daughter-in-laws went down to Time Out For Women in Pocatello. It was way fun. We got a Motel that Heather just kept raving about. We had a suite and the pool stayed open 24 hours. She was pretty excited. So was I. I really enjoy going to the pool. We checked in and then went to Texas Roadhouse to eat. Heather had never been there before and guess what happened. She had a fly in her salad. Crazy! She was getting all kinds of new experiences. After eating we went to Time Out. They do an Evening session and then an all day Saturday. Hilary Weeks, Jenny Jordan Frogley, Debbi and Brad Wilcox ,and Abe Mills were all there for the evening one. It was really good. I really enjoyed Brad Wilcox. He was very funny and said we need to laugh and be more happy. He said Happiness is the City in the State of Mind. I liked that. The music was awesome from both girls on both days. I think Hilary was my favorite though. After the night session, we went to Walmart and then back to the hotel where we soaked in the hot tub and did water aerobics in the pool until after midnight. It was really refreshing. We didn't go to bed until about 2:00 a.m.
The next morning we were up at 7:00, got ready, went to the full breakfast buffet, and then back to TOFW. It was raining and very cold in the Holt Arena. We had to get blankets to try and stay warm. The speakers were good again and the music by Hilary. My favorite speaker on this day was Emily Freeman. She told us that we need to make a difference, We need to give our all (Just Be there principle), Learn to be content, and have the Savior in our life. She said to turn to the Savior and he will give you miracles. It was a great talk and a great way to end the conference. I really enjoyed it and I hope all the girls liked it too. Thanks to all of the husbands for letting everyone go and for taking good care of the kids. I think you deserve a boys week-end or even a boys day out. We love you all! Thanks again.

3 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Thanks again for a well planned weekend!

Brett and Tiffany said...

That was a lot of fun! Yes, the husbands are great and deserve something as well! They rock!

Angie Robison said...

I'm jealous. I'm glad you had a great time.