Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Beautiful, Fun Day









On Sunday, John and I decided we were going to go to West Yellowstone Park for the day. We hadn't done anything all spring and I really wanted to go and see the animals. We didn't get gone until about 11:00. By the time we got into the park, we didn't see a lot of animals. I think they were hiding out of the sun. But, what we did see was awesome. Right off the bat we seen a bald eagle in her nest and it was really cool. We went up around Norris and the Canyon of the Yellowstone. It was gorgeous and the day was perfect. When we got to Yellowstone Lake there was a ton of people along the road looking at something. We drove by and went and got a drink and looked at the hotel and lake. When we came back out they were still there, so we stopped and asked. My heck, it was a grizzly bear. I was so excited, I made John stop. We got out and joined the crowd. He was just sleeping when we got there, but before we left he woke up, did a sit up, rolled over, got up, scratched his armpit and stood up and took a dump. We were laughing our heads off but it was pretty neat. After that, we decide to go home by way of Jackson. It has been years since I have been that way and we actually came from Jackson into the park the last time. So, it was neat going the other way. We seen the Tetons in a whole other way. We drove up around Jenny Lake and I had never been that way. We stopped at Colter Bay and that looks like a fun place. It was a wonderful day and John and I just relaxed and took our time and stopped wherever we wanted. We didn't get home until 10:00 that night but it was a super day.

6 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

I am glad you two were able to finally go through the park. I know you have wanted to for quite a while!

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

You make me laugh. I think that is the first time I have read the term "take a dump" on someone's blog. I just love you to pieces.

The Foster Bunch said...

What a fun day together. Glad you could get away together and have a good time.

Angie Robison said...

You two are quite the romantics!!!

weloveadoption said...

I am glad that you got to see a bear. And it sounds like it was pretty active and fun to watch. Colter Bay is a pretty place. Glad you had a good time.

weloveadoption said...

Oh, I forgot to ask. Did you make the snowman?