Tuesday, August 18, 2009

No More A Florist

Well, it has been awhile since I last posted. I have been busy and not so busy. Last Tuesday I went into work at the Floral Shoppe and Sue, the owner was there. She wasn't supposed to work that day. I said, Do I have the wrong day? She started to cry and was very upset. She said, We are going to have to let you go! We can't pay you and there is no money in the bank. Needless to say I was in shock. She repeated herself a few times and said, I don't know how we will make it without you. We will go under because I can't run this shop. So, I said, What are you telling me then? She just kept saying, we can't pay you. There's no money. I gathered my thoughts and said, I need to call my husband. I called John and he said , It will be alright. You don't owe them anything. You are what has kept that shop going. He told me to go to Job Service and then enjoy my day. I left and when I came back, the new intern that works for free was there. We had a big funeral that day with a casketpiece, easels and other arrangements. She was about in tears. She didn't know how to do any of those things. I decided I would do the casketpiece because I knew the lady and didn't want it to look like crap. Then, I told Sue that she better really think about what she was doing and that I would be looking for another job. She just kept saying, you know I can't do this. I don't know how to do most of it. I then walked out and haven't been back. It has been hard. I have been a florist at that shop for almost 22 years. It was like being slapped in the face hard. I have been sad, angry, happy and relieved all in one. I don't think they will last long. A lot of people that know said they will not support them anymore and I definately do not have good feelings about the whole thing. John said, Maybe it is a blessing in disquise! So, we shall see. For now, I am spending more time with John, my family, and getting more done at home. It won't pay all the bills, but we will survive.

11 comments:

Patty said...

I'm so sorry Jana. What a difficult trial. You're still extremely talented. A job will come along if you're open to it.

The Foster Bunch said...

Aunt Jana, I am so sorry. You are great at what you do, and I am sure something will come up. Just be patient and it will come. Good Luck!

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

What?! I'm so sorry Jana, that is terrible! You are fabulous at making beautiful arrangements, I'm sure that they will regret their decision very soon. In the meantime, enjoy your time with your family... you deserve it.

Angie Robison said...

Sorry about your job but it sounds like it is time to party a little. Good luck with finding something soon.

Dustin and Shawnee said...

Aunt Jana, Dustin and I are so sorry. We know that you will find something and be great at that too!!! Everything you touch turns to gold :) We love you.

weloveadoption said...

Just think mom you can come visit me more often! We wish you the best at finding a new job. There is more out there than just doing flowers...just take time to enjoy your own flowers in your yard and get more canning done. :)

Brett and Tiffany said...

Mom, I am sorry to hear about this, but like Dad said, "It may be a blessing"...even though it doesn't feel like it while it is happening! You can come down and hang out with me anytime! I am always here too if you want to just talk!

Beth Winegar said...

Wow! I'm sorry. I actually feel pretty crappy because I just went there today. I went there because I was hopping you'd be there, but that explains a lot. Actually, Al thought you owned your own shop in St. A, so maybe now's the time to do what you do best for yourself. You're a great person and thanks so much for Tuesday. The girls had a ton of fun.

The Rigby Bunch said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that! What an unpleasant surprise! You're a great talented person, something great will come your way! Think positive!!

voleen.blogspot.com said...

Jana every one you talk to wonders where to go for their flowers.You had really made a name for yourself. Sue Mannwaring said she wishes you were closer she would hire you in a minute. Right from the start they weren't that kind of business people.You were the one that kept it a float.So pat yourself on the back. Love you for your talent.

Destry and Liz said...

Im sory Aunt Jana. You definately did keep the shop running and people have always talked about what a good florist you are. We love you and if you ever need anything us know. We hope things get better for you. Love ya