Monday, August 24, 2009

Yummy Chicken

Today, Tiffany and I ran over town and bought some boxes of chicken breasts. She got 80 lbs. and I got 40 lbs. I then came home and canned it all in bottles for the winter. It takes 70 minutes to do each batch and I ended up with 40 pints. It will be so yummy in the winter. You can just open a bottle and make sandwiches, enchiladas, whatever you want with the canned chicken. It will be awesome! We have canned pie filling and applesauce this last week also. Only things left are, corn, carrots, salsa, spaghetti sauce and maybe some peaches. I might just eat a whole box of peaches. I like them fresh better than canned. Anyway, until next time, have a great day.

3 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

thanks for going to town with me and getting chicken! that was a fun new canning project!

The Rigby Bunch said...

I have never done chicken, but I would really like to next year! Will ya tell me all your secrets and help me do next year! Too lazy this year! :) You guys are amazing!

Patty said...

You're a canning fanatic! That's impressive!