Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Nice Getaway

Tuesday afternoon I got off work at 3:00 and drove over to the AmericInn for an overnight stay with my Hubby. We got a fun theme room and just spent the night and next morning. When I got there John was still at work, so I just relaxed and went down to the pool and hot tub for about an hour. It was so nice. I was the only one there and I thoroughly enjoyed it. When he finally arrived we decided to get dinner from Applebees. He went and got it and we just stayed in and ate. We had a nice evening and they have a wonderful full fledged breakfast. Eggs, biscuits and gravy, french toast, waffles, bagels, muffins, juice, yogurt, bacon, cereals, fruit, just about anything that you could want. We checked out at 10:30 and went home. It was a fun little getaway. Every couple needs to do that once in awhile. I highly reccomend it.

5 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Glad you had a great time! Thanks again for giving that to each of us! What a great idea!

weloveadoption said...

Glad you got to use yours. When we went we were the only ones that had the pool to ourselves, too. It was great. Thanks again!

Patty said...

Good for you! That sounds fantastic! I'm going to try to warm Ken up to that idea. Just a one-nighter. Perfect.

The Rigby Bunch said...

What a fun time!! Glad you got to take a little break from everyday life!!

The Foster Bunch said...

That is so nice to get away, even if it is just a few miles. It sounds like you had a great time just spending time together.