Monday, March 9, 2009

Time well Spent

This past weekend we had a lot of family time and it was really nice. On Saturday, Lindsay and Camri came out and spent the day with me. We didn't do a whole lot but it was just nice. That evening was our Stake Conference. We decided to go out to dinner before at Craigos. All the kids came except for Trever and Jaimie. They were installing new tile and wasn't done. It was good. Linds, Rob, Court, and Christopher didn't have conference but they went with us also. We then went to conference and it was really good. They spoke a lot about strengthening the family and that was what we were doing. On Sunday we went to conference again. Also very good. Afterwards we had been invited to Lindsay's for dinner. She had a great roast beef dinner and we really enjoyed it. We visited and played some games. Then, the other kids were calling wondering where we were. Little Jacie said, Are you home yet Grandma? We laughed and said that Dad and I need to put radio transmitters on us so that the kids can find us. Ha Ha! No, it is nice to have them want to spend time with us. We are very greatful for all of our kids , their spouses and our grandchildren. We then went home and everyone else in the family came out and we played lots of games, ate food and just had a nice evening hanging out. We never even turned the TV on and it was great. The last ones left at 11:00 and John and I crawled into bed thanking our Heavenly Father for such a great family and for the nice weekend we had. The only bad thing was we really slept in the next morning. I woke up at 8:33 and had to be to work at 9:00. Woops!! I made it by 9:04.I look pretty tired, but oh well it is Monday!

7 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

It was a fun family weekend. I thought yesterday as we were driving to your house, how nice it is that we can all get together every Sunday and enjoy each others company. I too was way tired and slept in today!

robcallfamily said...

It was fun! Thanks for coming over for dinner. And thanks for letting me and Camri hangout all weekend!

weloveadoption said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. Wish I could have been there.

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

How fun! I wish I lived closer to my family sometimes so that I could just pop on over anytime. I'm glad you realize what a blessing that is!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Loved the weekend...Brett and I are ready for more Pinochle!

PoulsenPlayground said...

Heather and Koby weren't there either!! :) The tile isn't quite done yet, but it is getting there! It looks so good. You need to come and see it! We love spending time with you guys to! We didn't know quite what to do when we went to your house and you were not there. I think my kids thought you are always there! :)

The Foster Bunch said...

What a fun weekend. To answer you question because we are private it now blocks the live feed. It can't update when I do a new post because we are blocked from all outside things. Therefore you just have to check in to see if we have. It is kind of a pain, but they don't have anyway to get to our blog because it is blocked. Sorry!!!