Monday, March 23, 2009

Tornado in Egin


We had some excitement in Egin Sunday afternoon. We were eating dinner when a storm hit. We had hail and then it got really quiet at our house. It was kind of eery! Well, we didn't know that an actual funnel cloud had passed thru some of our neighbors places until later. Tiffany called and said it hit their place. It tore parts of the barn off and buckled the whole east side. Stuff was flying all over and it picked up their swingset and topsy-turveyed it. Brett made them all get away from the window and I guess it was pretty scary. Then later we found out that it hit Dirk and Dena's ripping their shed apart, tossing things all over,tearing shingles off, tipping the power pole and being pretty frightening. Then, it moved on and took out a big pine tree in Staleys yard. Then, it took out 2 huge pine trees at Weston Crapo's. They were there and they were really scared. The trees lit on the house doing some minor damage but they are all okay. I don't know if it hit anywhere else but Mandi said you could actually see the funnel and the noise was super loud. I'm glad no one was hurt! Spring is fun, but not when things like that happen.

3 comments:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

My gosh! Call me naive', but I did not know Idaho had tornadoes! Scary, I'm glad everyone is okay.

Angie Robison said...

Glad you are all ok. I have always wanted to be in a bad storm as long as we were all OK. Crazy huh!!

The Rigby Bunch said...

As we were going to Dad's house, Bryndi spotted this really low cloud that was spinning in all directions. I told Rowdy, "that's gonna be a tornando!" Then as we were driving home later that day, we noticed all these crazy torn apart things. Glad it missed our houses! Scary scary!