Thursday, February 19, 2009

Father and Sons

This is probably a silly blog, but something I want to remember. Last night John and I went to watch David and Trever play Church Basketball against each other. I told John he better wear his tennis shoes just in case because our team has been a few short each week. Well, needless to say, they only had 3 there and so John had to play. If they have 4 they can play and pick up someone else from another team. Well, my Johnny P. hasn't played BKB in a very long time, and he is getting older. Right off the bat him and Trever go for the same ball and he holds tough. It was a jump ball. Pretty funny to watch though. He doesn't move as fast as he used to and it is a pretty big court. They have no subs so he has to play the whole game. Sometimes he doesn't go clear to the other end, and sometimes they throw him the ball and he can't get to it. Trev's team beat us by 3 points but it was a good game. On the way home, John says he thinks his arms have gotten shorter. He can't reach around and steal the ball like he used to. He also said I think they kept throwing the ball ahead of me because I couldn't get to it. We laughed and laughed because he knew he just didn't run fast enough to get to it. I think his boys really skunked him last night, but I was proud of him for even trying. I was a bit worried about him because he has high blood pressure and his knees pop out sometimes but he said I just took it easy on everyone, including myself. What a goof!!!!

10 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Tell Dad "great job"! I wish I could have been there to see the family in action! Dad's a trooper!

The Foster Bunch said...

That would have been fun to watch. He still has a young heart, and that's all that matters!!!

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

How funny! I wish I could have been there to see that... what a good sport!

Poulsen Family said...

Oh, I wish we could have been there to watch, or Christopher play! Next time call us when and if they play each other again.

robcallfamily said...

I bet he did great! What a man!

MANDY said...

Way to go Uncle John. That's just like you always there to help out.

Ashley Kunz said...

You should have made my dad go and play too, I think he would have had the same problem. Hey, here is my blog, and I'm setting mom up with one this week too. Hey, blogging is great. You should check out mine. http://newstufffromashley.blogspot.com/

Angie Robison said...

WAY TO GO JOHN!!!!! Those young ones need shown up every now and then!!

weloveadoption said...

Wow, I am impressed Pops! I bet you are feeling it today. That's my dad to always go and help out. It would have been fun to watch.

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

You need to get a subscription to the Sunday paper. Inside every week they have a coupon insert. I just save those and wait until the item goes on sale, then when I use my coupon with it, it becomes SUPER cheap. I have really saved alot of money this way! Good luck!