Monday, April 20, 2009

Starting to Clean the Yard Pays Off

On Saturday, John, Tiffany and I went out and burned ditches and it was pretty fun. Across the road wouldn't burn as good as I had wished, but it did some. So, it looks better. I could be a piro and go along and throw matches in all the ditches that are yellow. You have to watch out for me. Ha Ha! We already have water in our ditch and we will probably mow tonight and then get the sprinklers on. I can't wait to hear the sprinklers going. I know I am weird but I love to listen and sit on the porch and watch the sprinklers. I love it when everything greens up and the yards look so nice. The weather has been so nice and I hope to get in the berry patch next. While I was burning on the canal bank I also found a ten dollar bill that had been there all winter. It was pretty dirty. Who ever said it didn't pay to burn the old grass!!!! We went and had ice cream with it afterwards. It was a great day.

7 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Man if I found money doing yardwork, you would see me doing it every day!

weloveadoption said...

You deserved to be paid for all your hard work. I would have went for ice-cream, too. I'm sure your yard will be looking great before long it always does mom.

The Foster Bunch said...

Garrett thinks I am so crazy for burning ditches. Now I will let hime know it just runs in the family. Way to go on the 10 bucks, I seem to only find dead animals and dog poop. I have a favor to ask. Are you going to trim your Raspberries. If so could I get some starts from you. I really wants some raspberries, but there aren't a lot of people that have them around here. Just let me know if you would. Thanks!!!

Brett and Tiffany said...

that was fun burning on Saturday! I think I am following in your footsteps! thanks for the ice cream!

The Rigby Bunch said...

I think burning things definately runs in the family! Rowdy and I burned ditches and other piles of misc things Friday and Saturday. We burnt a big pile of old barn wood and decided to have Dad over for a tin foil dinner, since we had plenty of hot coals. After we ate we went down to Dad's house and started a HUGE fire. It was awesome. I love cleaning, but I'm like Brittany, I only find dead things and poop!

Angie Robison said...

Hey way to go. The burning must run in the family. My mom loved to burn. We don't have ditches out here so nothing to burn. I guess I could start the desert on fire but it might just keep burning.

Angie Robison said...

Hey oh I forgot i am looking for raspberry starts to if you have any. Thanks